The 10 Best Biotin Shampoos (2020)
This is the most comprehensive guide on the 10 best biotin shampoos for better hair growth.
The best part is, I’m going to also give you techniques on maintaining healthy hair, for both men and women, that will start working in no time!
In short, if you’ve ever felt like you’ve tried it all to fight your hair loss and need that extra push, you’ll love this guide. Let’s get started with the top 10 picks in biotin shampoo.
Ladies and gents alike, are in love with Honeydew’s Natural Hair Loss Shampoo for Men and Women with Biotin for Hair Growth. This Biotin shampoo from Honeydew beat out its competitors like Suave and OGX, who have a firmer establishment in the shampoo industry.
They are Amazon’s highest rated biotin shampoo and these are the following reasons why:
- Uses a natural combination of jojoba oil and coconut oil, two naturally occurring ingredients that supports hair health.
- Enhanced with primrose oil, another naturally occurring ingredient that helps to increase hair volume and thickness.
- Honeydew takes their customer’s satisfaction seriously like their life depends on it. They offer a 100% money back guarantee should the shampoo fall short.
With Honeydew’s Biotin shampoo for hair growth in the lead, let’s have a more in-depth look at other Biotin shampoos that have toped the list in for the year 2020:
The Best Biotin Shampoos For Healthy Growth
- Has B7 or Biotin, a water-soluble B vitamin that helps enhance the strength of hair and nails.
- Uses natural ingredients such as coconut, jojoba, tea tree, primrose, argan, and olive oil. These oils work together to give men and women the healthiest and fullest hair after each wash.
- Hypoallergenic formulation ensures that the product is safe for use for anyone even with the most sensitive skin. It is free from harmful chemicals that can cause redness, itching, and other irritations to the scalp and skin of the user.
- Buyers have stated that the main benefit of this shampoo was mainly preventing their hair loss.
- The natural hair loss shampoo for men and women with Biotin for hair growth by Honeydew also gave some of the buyers regrowths just within months of using.
- A good population of the buyers were impressed by its ability to thicken each hair strand even after their very first wash.
Upon reading up on the buyers review of the products we have listed, we were highly impressed by the number of positive reactions from those that bought this Biotin shampoo from Honeydew. It impressed not only the men, but also women.
Another aspect of the shampoo that people have commented on is the smell of the product.
Most buyers have found it quite neutral or clean-smelling, which was great even for those who are highly sensitive to strong product scents.
What could be better:
Despite the positive reception on its effectivity, there were several comments on the amount of the product.
Some of the buyers felt like the manufacturers could put the product in a bigger bottle. Value was no question, they just mentioned that the bottle was somewhat small.
However, buyers have mentioned that a small amount of the shampoo can lather up really well.
- Formulated with Aloe Vera, Rosemary, and Argan Oil to increase the moisturizing effect on the scalp to produce healthier hair.
- The Biotin shampoo from Pura D’Or is also enhanced by 15 natural DHT blockers such as He Shou Wu, Nettle Extracts, and Saw Palmetto that produces healthier hair growth.
- Created without SLS or Sulfates. Free from parabens, harmful chemicals. Gluten-Free. Hypo-Allergenic. Cruelty Free. Vegan.
- Pura D’Or’s formulation promises its users with lesser hair fall after 8 weeks of use.
- The ingredients present in the shampoo have helped both men, women, and even those who are dealing with hair fall due to medications to reinvigorate their hair growth.
- Other benefits that could be enjoyed when using this product is the 100% money back guarantee. If a buyer is not satisfied, they can return it for a refund.
Due to the multiple positive comments of the buyers, the product appears to be well-made and follows through with their commitment to resolve a pretty common issue, which is thinning hair.
If you want to see less hair in the shower drain, purchasing the hair thinning therapy shampoo for prevention with Argan Oil, Biotin, and natural ingredients by Pura D’Or might be the way to go.
What could be better:
While this is not really a complaint, some users have found it quite odd that the shampoo doesn’t lather.
However, upon research, it’s the absence of sulfate from the Pura D’Or shampoo that removes the frothy lather effect.
- Thickens hair with rosemary, aloe vera, saw palmetto, and coconut.
- Sulfate and paraben-free to keep buyers from any irritations and to help retain hair color.
- Suitable for all hair and scalp types – oily, dry, brittle & dry hair, frizzy, straight; colored or natural hair color.
- Noticeable hair growth within 6 months of continuous usage.
- Stronger, fuller, and healthier-looking hair after the first wash.
- Pleasant smelling formulation suitable for people who are sensitive to scents.
Buyers have commented that the shampoo has a very thick and clear appearance. It also had a very natural and pleasant smell which appealed a lot to the buyers.
While the product did not actually claim hair regrowth, many of the buyers observed that their hair had visible growth over months of usage. Some have claimed that it took them 6 months while others claimed hair regrowth over 9 months of continuous use.
What the common observation among the buyers was the very noticeable change just after the first wash. Buyers have mentioned how their hair’s health looked better overall; appearing thicker, fuller, and shinier.
What could be better:
Even though many buyers were amazed by the Paisle Re:Line Biotin shampoo, some had mentioned that there were some aspects of the product that could be improved.
Among which was the pricing for the shampoo, the rigidness of the plastic bottle it came in, as well as the viscosity of the actual shampoo.
There were several reports of hair loss from some of the buyers, yet the majority were still reports of better hair appearance.
- DHT Blocker for thinning hair is a USDA biobased certified product with certified organic ingredients such as hydrolyzed silk protein, enriched vitamin B5, and aloe vera and saw palmetto extracts.
- Contains clinically researched vitamin levels of Biotin, B5, and collagen peptides for maximum hair regrowth and health.
- USDA certified and produced in a cruelty-free environment.
- Improved hair health and regrowth within 6 months of usage.
- Moisturizes and heals scalp for even healthier hair growth.
- Good quality shampoo with decent fragrance.
Efficacy is what the main impression that the buyers have all been left after using the shampoo for a couple of times. The product seemed to be the most effective at making the hair look healthier, smoother, and livelier.
Buyers, however, were reporting different rates of report on the visible hair regrowth. Some have reported that they’ve seen regrowth within only three weeks of use and some have only noticed the less thinning of their hair within 6 months.
The manufacturers have stated a timeline for its efficacy. According to the manufacturer’s claim, the regrowth will be seen within 6 months.
For best results, the manufacturers also recommend using the shampoo in conjunction with their Biotin conditioner and vitamins.
What could be better:
Some of the buyers expressed their dismay on the pricing of the shampoo.
One of the buyers rated the product at 4 stars instead of 5 because, according to her, she was charged almost twice on her 5th bottle.
Had the initial price remained, she would still continue using the product because it was effective.
- Created with Biotin, keratin, castor oil, coconut oil, Vitamin B, Vitamin E, Saw Palmetto, Green Tea extracts and more. This biotin shampoo is strengthened by proprietary anti hair loss complexes clinically discovered to help stimulate deep hair growth, prevent breakage and hair loss.
- Contains Amino Kera NPNF, a kind of keratin complex that helps strengthen and repair damaged hair while keeping it moisturized and shiny.
- Fortified with Procapil that helps fight follicle aging process to help prevent hair loss for both men and women.
- The saw palmetto and green tea extracts work together in order to help block DHT or dihydrotestosterone. DHT is the hormone that causes the follicles to become small and prevents hair growth.
- Noticeable results within weeks of use.
- Able to address hair loss issues related to weight loss and other life events such as post-pregnancy and medication intake.
Similar to the products reviewed earlier, Revivahair by Pure Biology received mixed reviews but still received more positive ones.
In terms of its efficiency to grow hair, Revivahair seems to follow what they claim. Buyers were amazed by its fast-acting effect on hair growth that was noticeable within weeks of first use.
Aside from the hair growth effect, buyers mostly loved the softer and fuller effect it had on their hair. Some even went as far as saying that their “dead” hair had been revived after several uses of Revivahair.
What could be better:
Buyer reviews of Revivahair by Pure Biology indicated some concerns on the hair product’s scent. Most of the buyers have commented that the smell of the shampoo is that of ginger and tea tree oil.
Another aspect of the shampoo that could be improved according to buyers is its ability to lather. Buyers who had long hair had difficulties of washing their hair because it made them use more product.
- Key ingredients to support hair growth include caffeine, castor oil, saw palmetto, and argan oil.
- Free from harsh chemicals. Not tested on animals and is formulated to not have sulfates.
- Stimulate hair growth.
- Promises buyers that they will regain the fullness, thickness, luster, and hair vitality in a natural way.
- Get nourished and stronger hair against environmental stressors.
- Works for all hair types, men or women.
The packaging of Lipogaine looks so unassuming. It simply states what it is for and what it does. However, upon reading up on the reviews left by the buyers, one can get the feeling that it is a product that can be trusted.
Lipogaine hair stimulating shampoo for hair thinning & breakage received an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars which translates to the general positive response of its buyers.
Many loved this biotin shampoo for its scent, moisturizing capability, and its value for money. At only $ 25 per 236 ml bottle, many users have claimed that they observed hair growth and better hair appearance over a few days of use.
However, it is worth noting that the bottle also said that there will be a few times that the user will shed hair which might be a cause of worry to some especially when you bought a bottle of hair growing shampoo.
What could be better:
Sadly, not everyone was happy when they started using the product. Not everyone left positive reviews. In fact, some even went as far as saying that it wasn’t effective for them.
While product efficacy may differ for individuals, it might be worth saying that some buyers were also disappointed by how the package arrived. These buyers stated that the bottle was broken which rendered them unable to use the product.
- Doesn’t have harsh ingredients and is free from sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten, and drying alcohol.
- Product not tested on animals.
- Infused with Eucalyptus for an herbaceous organic scent.
- Gently cleanses, conditions, and removes tangles while adding and sealing in moisture.
- Fortified with essential fatty acids that provide strength and vitality of the hair that also protects each strand by preventing damage to the outer cuticle layer due to daily styling.
- Aside from Biotin, Hask’s shampoo and conditioner has coffee to help stimulate the scalp and collagen to strengthen each hair strand.
There were mixed reviews on the Biotin shampoo from Hask. Some say that it worked very well on stimulating the hair growth but some weren’t able to observe an improvement to their hair.
However, overall, the Hask Biotin shampoo gave its buyers the fuller and thicker hair, as promised.
Another factor that all of the buyers agreed upon is the product’s scent and the softness it gives to their hair making Hask one of the lower-priced alternatives when you’re looking for a biotin-infused shampoo.
What could be better:
While individual results may vary, there was one particular buyer who claimed that out of all the shampoos from Hask that she used, it was only the Biotin-infused shampoo and conditioner that gave her some acne breakouts.
This may not be as much of a concern when you’re trying to grow out hair, it might be worth looking into prior buying the product.
- Infused with Biotin and Provitamin B5 which helps promote hair growth and hair health.
- Contains no sulfates, parabens, or alcohol.
- Hypoallergenic and safe with a balanced pH level to prevent allergic reactions and irritations on scalp.
- Promotes hair growth and strengthens hair strands.
- The gentle formulation makes it effective for all hair types.
- Other benefits that could be enjoyed is the nourishment of scalp and prevention of dandruff.
We’ve read customer reviews of the Biotin hair growth shampoo of Mokita Naturals and what amazed us was how many of its buyers have found its effectiveness when it comes to its moisturizing effect and the shampoo’s way of adding volume to the hair.
In terms of its efficacy in helping the hair grow, there were plenty of mixed reviews. Not everyone experienced the hair growth part of the brand’s promise, but what could be well-noted was that the majority praised the shampoo’s effectiveness at making their hair softer.
Also, there were some buyers who appreciated the product’s packaging/presentation. Even stating that the bottle of Mokita Naturals looked sophisticated for a bottle of shampoo.
What could be better:
When it comes to shampoos and conditioners, it is important to note that there will be individual results. In the critical reviews of the product, some resonated that there wasn’t anything extra special with the Mokita Naturals.
While it did make their hair soft and conditioned, buyers noted that it was all the shampoo and conditioner did for them.
- Contains 11 natural botanicals such as coconut oil, mulberry oil, argan oil, green tea extract, tea tree oil, rosemary and other vitamins such as Provitamin B5, L-Cysteine, and Biotin all known to stimulate hair growth and to revive dull lifeless hair.
- Hypo-allergenic formulation makes it safe for use even for those with sensitive skin.
- Free from Sulfates and Parabens.
- Infused with DHT blockers that aid in preventing hair thinning and hair loss.
- Formulated with Vitamins and antioxidants that support healthy hair and scalp.
- Achieve luscious locks and boost hair health and vitality with natural ingredients and added vitamins.
The Amaze hair loss restoration treatment shampoo for men and women is received positively mostly by women with most of them complimenting the scent, the softness of their hair from using the product, as well as the value for money per bottle.
Other buyers who experienced hair loss due to medications or pregnancy have also attested to the brand’s capability to regrow their hair. It might be safe to assume that Amaze hair loss shampoo works well with various people.
Furthermore, what most users of the Amaze hair loss restoration treatment shampoo discovered is the overall softness of their hair.
What could be better:
Since hair fall or hair loss can be caused by so many factors, it will be difficult to actually gauge on the efficacy of the shampoo as a hair loss treatment.
Others claim that they’re not seeing any differences, while others say that their hair loss was accelerated from using the shampoo.
At this point, I guess what could be recommended is to improve on the formulation so that there are more people who can benefit from using the anti hair loss shampoo.
- Manufactured in US-based laboratories.
- Uses plant-based ingredients such as Biotin, capalgin, defenscalp, baicapil, biotinoyl tripeptide-1, Ω6 ceramide, Saw Palmetto, Niacin, Caffeine, Arginine, Apple, Argan & Grape Stem Cells.
- Creates a spa-like experience with every use! Does not use harmful and harsh ingredients. No sulfates and parabens.
- Among the benefits of using Hair Restore MD shampoo with Biotin is the prevention of hair loss.
- Promote healthier hair growth.
- DHT-blocking capability that could limit the increased hair fall.
The product had very limited reviews however, they all have a general overall positive reaction to the shampoo.
The buyers did receive a healthier and shinier-looking hair within their early uses.
Generally speaking, the buyers were all thankful that the shampoo had an effective formulation that seemed to resolve the problem of losing hair.
What could be better:
Based on the reviews, the buyers were extremely satisfied with the product. It may take time for several other reviews that have negative comments about Hair Restore MD to arise.
For now, future buyers can definitely enjoy the hair loss prevention that can be found in a bottle of Hair Restore MD along with improved hair health.
Frequently Asked Questions About Using Biotin
Side effects of using Biotin
According to scientific journals, the use of Biotin is generally safe whether it is applied on the skin, hair, or taken orally as a supplement.
Even though the tests were conducted on animals such as guinea pigs, mice, and rabbits, there were slight reactions to Biotin that were not fatal.
How long does it take for for biotin shampoo to start working?
According to the study entitled, “A Review of the Use of Biotin for Hair Loss” by Patel, et al., the effect could be expected from 10 days of first use up to 6 months.
However, this study is based on the use of Biotin as a supplement.
There are no studies on Biotin’s effect on hair growth as a shampoo, however, buyers have reported that the effect could be expected anywhere between 2 weeks up to 8 months from first use.
Can I use biotin shampoo during my pregnancy?
Whether pregnant women can use biotin to manage pattern hair loss has no study at the moment. Generally speaking, biotin is safe to use during pregnancy at recommended levels.
To be safe, always remember to check with your doctor prior to using a biotin-enhanced shampoo if you are pregnant.
Can Biotin shampoo regrow hair?
Biotin is a known DHT-blocker. DHT otherwise known as Dihydrotestosterone is a byproduct of the male hormone testosterone.
This DHT is seen as the primary reason why male-pattern baldness occurs.
Based on personal experiences of users and buyers of Biotin shampoo, one may get the idea that biotin shampoos help to grow out hair and prevent hair fall.
It is important to note that there is little to no evidence that supports the efficacy of biotin to support hair regrowth.
How often should I wash my hair with biotin shampoo?
Shampoo manufacturers have indicated different frequencies for washing the hair with biotin shampoo.
Some shampoo manufacturers indicate that the user should shampoo their hair with biotin at least 3 times a week, while some indicate using the shampoo everyday.
Furthermore, manufacturers encourage letting the product sit on the scalp prior to rinsing it off with water.
The important thing to remember when trying to regrow hair with the help of a biotin-infused shampoo is that the more exposure to the vitamin, the better.
The Lowdown on Biotin Shampoos (Conclusion)
To most people, hair loss or hair thinning is a huge problem. People can always resort to getting professional treatment for this condition, however, not everyone can afford professional trichologist hair treatments. This is where the use of Biotin shampoos can prove to be helpful.
When trying out Biotin shampoos, one must remain patient after all, the shampoo companies often do indicate a timeframe of efficacy for the shampoo. Furthermore, individual results often vary.
In any case, the list we provided are the best and top rated biotin shampoos currently on Amazon. We sincerely hope that our list will help you out in resolving a personal problem like hair fall.
Remember, sharing is caring! Share this post on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. To get updated on the best reviewed products, come back to Gentlereviews.com for more informative posts!